Our vision is to increase idea exchange and resource collaboration between the U.S and the world. To help reach our goals, we sponsor O-Visas that bring distinguished industry professionals to share and apply their knowledge in the U.S., further enhancing global collaboration. If an individual has a proven business idea, we also have a Startup Accelerator Cohort Program that helps startups internationalize and expand to the U.S.
What Are O-Visas?
O-visas allow individuals with extraordinary ability to legally work in the United States and receive financial gain. This visa can also be a direct path to permanent residency (green card).
Although it might sound overwhelming, extraordinary ability stands for recognized outstanding achievements. Some examples of outstanding achievements are:
- awards for excellence;
- honorary mentions;
- published materials in recognized major publications, and
- any other proof of a major contribution that an individual has done within their field of expertise.
In case the O-visa is not applicable to you, Idea Lunchbox can work with HTFL to determine a different visa solution.
O-visas are meant to fulfill several purposes in the United States, whether it’s for temporary or permanent work.
Some of these can be:
- –Speaking at conferences, panels, or seminars;
- –Teaching workshops or classes;
- –Artists in art expos or tours;
- –Writers in book tours;
- –Singers in performing tours;
- –Expert contractors in specific projects;
- –Professors to teach seminars;
- –Temporary or permanent job roles.
O-Visa Industry Qualification
Professionals from any industry can qualify for the O-visa.
Professionals related to STEAM (Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) areas are highly valued in the United States since these are challenging fields to find talent, especially finding professional women in these areas.
Some examples are:
- Sciences: researchers, doctors, nurses;
- Technology: computer scientists, programmers, developers, data scientists;
- Engineering: engineers from all specialties;
- Arts: artists, 3D artists, writers, designers, singers, musicians, actors, producers, directors, photographers, illustrators;
- Mathematics: mathematicians, statisticians, actuaries;
Other areas that can qualify for an O-Visa are*:
- Athletics: athletes, coaches;
- Education: distinguished professors, principals, deans;
- Business: directors, high-ranked managers, executive-level leaders.
*Please note the list is not limited to the examples provided. Any professional that has been recognized for their outstanding achievement is encouraged to apply.
O-Visa Application Materials
In addition to the form and the documentation proving outstanding achievements, the packaged material to apply for the O-Visa must also contain proof of an engagement in place, whether it’s through an itinerary or a letter of employment.
The full package must have:
- Documentation proving outstanding achievements;
- Immigration form
- Letter of Employment
We are able to help you with the entire package or parts of it.
We can also help with:
- Job placement
- Relocation Assistance (temporary or permanent housing, healthcare, and family assistance, such as school or college placement)
- Educational or artistic opportunities (tours, expos, etc)
- PR Media release
- Social media management;
- Event design (landing page, email, and social media marketing)
If you are interested in having the O-Visa sponsored by Idea Lunchbox, please fill out our short pre-qualification form. Once you are pre-qualified, we will put you in contact with HTFL to start your O-Visa process and get you ready to temporarily or permanently stay in the U.S.