|Starts||As soon as possible|
We are seeking a Principal Architect to collaborate across teams to help define and ensure consistent implementation of architectural features. Works in daily collaboration with one or more teams, often focusing on design decisions that must be made now to support the future features maturing in the backlog. Works independently, interfacing with both engineering teams and customers.
This position is responsible for collaborating with business stakeholders and architects to define and help guide holistic technology implementation across a portfolio.
- Put forward accurate time estimates of work to be done on a project
- Work with customers, business stakeholders, Product Managers, and product owners to maintain a high-level understanding of the future technical requirements for a solution or portfolio
- Typically work within a horizon long term and strategic in nature
- Typically works as a Chief Architect for a portfolio
- Lead enterprise wide architectural initiatives that help evolve SecurityScorecards technical vision and strategy
- Own and develop coaching, mentoring, and training practices for the Architecture role and discipline
- Lead the process of architectural governance and oversight, to standardize the following across the portfolio, where applicable/li>
- Data management
- Protocols between internal components and to/from external components
- Production/deployment Infrastructure
- User Experience
- APIs, and points of integration
- Security, Scalability, Performance, Instrumentation (Performance and Adoption), and all other applicable Non-Functional Requirements
- Lead Architecture as a discipline
- Influence common modeling, design, coding, testing, automation, secure coding practices across the organization
- Share and reuse ideas, components and proven design and implementation patterns where applicable
- Support knowledge sharing across product groups and the portfolio
- Represent Architecture in cross-functional and strategic portfolio planning settings to understand and influence SecurityScorecard’s strategic product direction
- Continuously improve and reduce required customer interactions and the complexity of installing, configuring, deploying, maintaining, supporting, upgrading or migrating Security Scorecard products and solutions
- Collaborate with the CTO
- Defining our security scores and standards
- Author technical articles published both internally and externally
- Represent us attending, presenting and exerting influence at industry conferences, symposiums and standards bodies
- Protect our intellectual property by identifying and filing patent applications; design patentable technology and propose and review patent applications
- Provide input to the Enterprise Business Strategy process based on market data, competitive analysis, and insights on emerging disruptive business or technology trends, including:
- Provide actionable insights based on knowledge of technology trends, and pending disruptive shifts
- Lead Enterprise Architecture at the Solution or Portfolio Level to establish Enterprise Architectural Runway
- Lead the definition and creation of reference architectures
- Support and may lead research and prototyping to provide solutions and estimates to future features
Program Portfolio Management
- Determine the strategic themes associated with a portfolio, based on the Enterprise Business Strategy
- Develop the Architectural vision for a major product line
- Resolve build, buy or Partner decisions
- Identify synergies/integration opportunities across the SecurityScorecard portfolio that lead to business outcomes
- Understand and communicate strategic themes and other key business drivers that impact architectural vision and roadmap
- Resolve build, buy or Partner decisions
- Provide technical guidance to all team members as appropriate to guide them towards the long term technical vision for the portfolio
- Preferred Education Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent in a related field.
- 12 or more years of experience in software development, with a proven track record of product family architecture design.
- Hands on experience on a wide variety of platforms and knowledge of many programming languages, design methods, tools, and techniques.
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrates high personal integrity and ability to earn trust from others
- Demonstrates a strong growth mind-set, seeks feedback often, and is effective in continuous personal and professional development.
- Demonstrates executive leadership skills
- Thought leadership
- Expert understanding of the context within which our products are being developed, deployed and used
- Expert understanding of the user personas Security Scorecard products and solutions are targeting within the technical domain and deep empathy for the needs of those users.
- Expert understanding of methods, paradigms, and tools to support the development, implementation, and adoption of Architectural best practices and continuous improvement for the organization
- Master ability to act as a coach or mentor to team members to help increase team effectiveness.
- Expert in modern engineering practices such as DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Delivery
- Master of design and architecture patterns, architecture modeling, and design methodologies
- Master in high level technical expertise in the diagnosis and resolution of issues, including the determination and provision of workaround solutions.
- Regularly ask ‘What if…’ questions during 1:1 and group discussions that challenge the status quo
- Continually evaluating technologies from external sources and proposing their introduction when building new systems or updating old systems
- Take intelligent risks and is resilient to failure. encourage risk taking in others
- Expert in in UML, Modeling tools, Object Oriented Design
- Expert in DB technologies, security framework, cloud technologies
- Strong teamwork skills for cross-group cooperation
- Accuracy in time management